Artist and Curator Katherine Dolgy Ludwig has her BA and BArch (University of Toronto), AOCAD, and MFA (Chelsea College, London Institute), making art in the intersection of painting, printmaking, music, performance, and video.
Dolgy Ludwig has had over twenty solo shows in New York, Florida, Paris, London, and Toronto, and inclusion in a number of juried group exhibitions. Her work is in the permanent collections of the Pentagon, New York Mayor’s Office, National Arts Club, London Globe Theatre, Playboy, Chelsea Arts Club, and corporate and private collections in the United States, Canada, Hong Kong, Singapore, South Korea, France, Australia, and England.
Featured in publications such as The New York Times, New York Daily News, L.A.Times, and Globe & Mail, Katherine Dolgy Ludwig has awards, residencies and fellowships from freeDimensional and A.I.R. Gallery, selected by jurors from the Metropolitan Museum, London Royal Academy, The Brooklyn Rail, NYU Tisch, and Art in America.
“I paint whatever I see in front of me without a plan. This is ‘reportage painting’ and something of honesty and love is communicated in this way.”
Paintings here at www.LudwigPictures.com
Fashion and Products here at www.LudwigExpress.com
Instagram Business page here at www.instagram.com/ludwigexpress
- Waterfront Series, in London, Paris, New York, Toronto, posted as I paint, here
- September 6-23, 2023, in London, a retrospective of paintings of my travels was on exhibition at the Chelsea Arts Club
My paintings of Summer 2023, made in Paris and London, here, were posted as I painted.
In the streets of New York City, Paris, London, Ontario’s countryside , and on Toronto Island I hunt for paintings on the bike. For New York Armory Week I exhibited at the Clio Art Fair, and won awards for Etching at the League Print Exhibition as well as Lithography and Paintings awards. Then I drove to paint in the beautiful beaches of the Gaspé Peninsula, Québec. A great Nashville project “My View from Home Mail Art” included me in their press article and a television news show. Making reportage paintings in DC, reporters Rebecca Knier and John Henry of CBS WUSA News 9 did an onsite Jan 7, 2021 interview with me . Then, Pete Townshend of The Who commissioned a painting for his upcoming music project The Age of Anxiety. I left DC to paint in Toronto, Florida, New York, and the Adirondacks .
Painting at the RBG memorial SCOTUS.
- September 6-23, 2023 – London, Chelsea Arts Club, Solo
- June 25, 2022 – Etobicoke Arts Fest Inaugural, Toronto
- February, 2022 – Florida, Mount Dora 47th Annual Arts Fest, Juize Box Pop Up
- July, 2019, 2021 – Toronto Outdoor Art Fair TOAF
- March, 2020 – New York, Armory Week Clio Art Fair
- March, 2020 – New York, League Print Exhibition
- December, 2019 – New York, Met Museum Copyists
- June, 2019 – Paris, American University of Paris , Solo, ( the AUP interview)
ABOUT tells you how I became an artist and what I do.
Must credit me if any of my art images or my likeness are used on social media. Everything on this website is 2002-2023©KatherineDolgyLudwig